This exciting role can be either in NYC or Austin Texas (your choice).
Base salary over $200K, total comp near $300K.
Our client is seeking a Vice President of lead their Data and Analytics functions in building out best-in-class data platforms and analytics.
The ideal candidate must
- have technology background and a passion for leadership and quality decision making.
- understand that a strong data platform is the foundation of a company culture of data-driven decision making.
Wed love to talk to you if you have a consistent record leading data teams in data architecture, data analytics, data reporting, data governance, master data management, data engineering, and data warehousing.
This role requires hands-on leadership and close partnership with our application, business and product teams.
The data tech stack includes Snowflake, Kafka streams, S3, Splunk, MySQL, Virtica and Tableau.
The VP of Data and Analytics will lead technical team leaders and work across and with application, business, marketing and product teams to establish and implement a strategy and day to day operations to drive decision making across the company.
You will work closely with other leaders to enable data trust, data stability, best in class analytics in our rapidly changing, high-growth company.
This role will report to the CIO and have daily interactions with the C-Suite.
The ideal candidate has a passion for leading data teams, strategy and operations at a top tier company.
They will demonstrate strong business judgment and be able to prioritize in a fast-paced, highly ambitious, outcome driven environment.
What Youll Do:
Ownership of Data and Analytics outcomes by leading an established team of Data and Analytics leaders, engineers and analysts.
Enable single definition of truth in collaboration with application leaders by establishing data governance practices
Work on projects and define strategy to directly drive business growth through Data
Lead analytics and data warehouse teams to ensure data is both stable and actionable
Lead data warehouse team in conducting a data migration to the new tech stack
Org design, budget and capacity planning
Identify data sources and maintain data architecture diagrams
Ownership of data roadmaps and projects
Ensure team is incorporating best practices for security, performance, and data privacy into deliverables
- 10+ years leading Data and Analytics teams of 20+
- Hands on approach and leadership style is a must have to be successful
- Experience with managing Directors
- Having a proven track record with large scale data migrations and ability to justify your decisions, using a data driven approach and clear ROI metrics
- Analytical and conceptual abilities and a problem solving attitude
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly collaborate with direct reports, peers and C level executives
- Demonstrated ability to maintain performance level in a fast-paced agile environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Pragmatic and realistic with solutions
- Snowflake experience
- Kafka experience is a plus
- Experience at high-growth environment
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Superb company to work for in a recession proof industry. THIS ROLE CAN BE LOCATED IN EITHER NYC OR AUSTIN TX! Reports directly in to the CIO. Great opportunity to put your personal stamp on the role in this rapidly growing organization