Established, Tyler, Texas area manufacturer is seeking a Plant Manager
- Stable Organization
- Last Plant Mgr. was promoted to the Corporate office
- Corp. Office is in Dallas
- Longview, TX is a very desirable city to live in - 82,000 population, 30 minutes from Tyler, Texas 100,000 population, 2hrs from Dallas, TX
- Plant is fairly new at this location
- Not a lot of Turnover
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Engineering. Master’s (MBA) degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years with at least 5 years in leadership and operations management roles
- Must have Union experience
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing processes, i.e. Six Sigma, Kaizen, True Lean
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- Understands business implications of decisions;
- Displays orientation to profitability;
- Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition;
- Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Develops strategies to achieve operational goals;
- Understands organizations strengths & weaknesses;
- Identifies external threats and opportunities;
- Visions future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operations management - Sets and achieves challenging goals;
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles;
- Measures self against standard of excellence;
- Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Identifies and resolves problems with a sense of urgency;
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Develops alternative solutions;
- Works well in group problem solving situations.