Sales Account Manager San Francisco (individual contributor)
Searching for a professional, forward-thinking, enthusiastic highly motivated sales performer to manage and grow an established marquee territory in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- Meet with prospective and current customers to probe their needs and provide solutions to their research and development programs
- Provide consultative solutions that create a collaborative relationship to address the unique needs of customers
- Develop and execute strategic account plans, manage in field activities to qualify leads and close business to deliver territory growth.
- Maintain an effective territory 30-60-90 day rolling business plan to maximize effectiveness and travel efficiency.
- Acquire competitive intelligence with respect to current pricing, new products, problems, and market changes.
- Demonstrate effective use of product knowledge and use of technical and marketing material.
- Maintain strong technical knowledge of products and services.
- Provide customer feedback regarding products, product problems, product changes or opportunities, and new product design.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems.
- Work effectively with cross-functional departments
- Develop business opportunities and leads during scientific meetings.
We are looking for a successful sales history in the life science marketplace working with large academic and government accounts.
- Experience managing government RFPs/contracts will be beneficial
Ability to travel up to 40%, domestic
Ability to build strong relationships with external and internal customers
BS/BA Required or other means of attaining equivalent knowledge.
Lab/bench level preclinical or academic research experience in lieu of extensive sales experience.