Ensures successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of pre-planning and wrap up activities. Depending on assigned engagement, reports to one or more member(s) of the Internal Audit senior management team. Applies risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered and identifies any potential issues. Communicates identified issues with Internal Audit senior management to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Conducts assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk
- Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives
The ideal applicant will be a professional accountant with prior audit experience. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain a solid understanding of the group’s financial systems, knowledge of its business operations and experience to support potential advancement in the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Between 3-5 years of audit experience is required, as well as one or more relevant professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE)
- Public accounting firm experience is required
- Manufacturing and cost accounting experience strongly desired
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, up to 40%
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, statutory and other complex accounting principles, internal controls, business processes, and COSO and IIA standards