Greater Philadelphia, PA area
Commensurate with experience and is a combination of salary and commission.
Family owned global company is seeking to add a Sales and Business Development Manager for its Chemicals business primarily serving the United States. This position is responsible for various activities related to driving new business growth of their Chemical products and technologies. Activities include customer lead generation, sales calls, project management, account management, and new business development. The successful candidate will be self motivated and enjoy working in a close knit family like environment. (This opportunity has significant long term earning potential and career growth potential.)
Duties & Responsibilities:
Sales and Account Management
- Develop and maintain customer contact list in CRM system
- Develop sales proposals for new / existing customers on technical products and services
- Visit existing and potential customers to maintain / develop business relationships and ascertain needs
- Research, develop and maintain long and short range sales goals
- Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential, inventory requirements and monitor customer's preferences/prepare and periodic sales reports
- Develop and manage all aspects of custom synthesis chemical projects with customers
- Coordinate with affiliates regarding sales potential, sales issues and other business topics related to custom projects
- Coordination with the Company/Plant Managers to determine and maintain production schedules to meet customer deadlines
- Understand customer's technical and commercial needs and market dynamics
- Identify and pursue new markets and business opportunities for company’s products and technologies based on customer and market needs
- Develop an in-depth market understanding of competitive technologies, local and federal regulations, customer trends, etc.
- Write white papers / application sheets to educate potential customers on advantages of using various products for various applications
- Prepare and schedule advertising, promotion and other marketing activities to strengthen company’s brand and market presence
- Select and prepare for attendance at vendor and trade shows
- Represent company at trade association meetings, exhibitions, symposiums and vendor shows to promote sales
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and drive to be successful.
- B-to-B industrial sales experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
Keywords: Sales, Business Development, Chemical Industry, Specialty Chemicals
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.