Our client develops AI-powered robotic solutions for logistics and e-commerce. Their systems pick, place, load, sort, and transport items of various shapes and sizes using cutting-edge deep learning, motion planning, grasp planning, navigation, and SLAM technologies. They are a tight-knit, forward-thinking team of visionaries that live and breathe robotics. They employ engineers and business professionals from over 10 different countries, and are united by their boundless drive to create, learn, share, and grow.
The Operations Manager will need to be someone with their roots in industrial automation at a technical level and who is capable overseeing this small, US office. You will need to be comfortable in technical, project management, and even sales roles.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and helping to acquire new business partnerships/sales opportunities.
- Conducting market research and analyses of market trends, potential business partners, and other relevant topics.
- Leading, planning, and executing sales projects, consolidating resources to maximize productivity while managing account managers and coordinating with the team.
- Formulating policies to carry out the daily operations and implementing business practices SOPs.
- Handling ad hoc tasks assigned by corporate management.
- Arranging meetings, communications, and presentations with corporate management as needed.
- Maintaining communication with clients. Assessing operational and financial risks for projects, preparing cost estimates, budgets, and work timetables.
- Collaborating with account managers, engineers, and subcontractors on projects.
- Coordinating activities in projects as well as analyzing projects and scheduling of reports on projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (min. 3 years sales/project-related experience).
- Familiar with domestic customers and markets, particularly in robotics, automation, and logistics.
- Great communication skills, positive attitude, and commitment to shared goals.
- Logical and process oriented.
- Proactive and organized with high attention to detail.
- History of creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to work well collaboratively and under tight deadlines.
- Flexible to national travel as required (when feasible).
- Experience assisting executives.
- Robotics-related sales & engineering experience would be a plus.
- Supervising business operations & managers