- $9 Billion foods manufacturer that has been in business for 36 years has a need for a 2nd shift Production Supervisor
- Our client offers great benefits, stability, growth potential and a great team environment.
- This job is open due to promotion and is looking for the next supervisor who can be promoted to a Production Superintendent in the next 2-3 years
- Full relocation assistance will be provided
- BS/BA degree is 100% required
- Supervise 36 plant production line workers with an emphasis on teamwork, safety and excellent practices to produce the highest quality products
- Utilize lean and six-sigma principles to implement continuous improvement methodologies to increase production
- Maintain production records and ensures production workers are completing records correctly and in a timely manner.
- Analyze production runs and make suggestions for improvement
- Manage, evaluate and train staff by coaching, conduction performance appraisals, administering corrective action, training and development by on-the-job programs and appropriate off the job programs.
- Responsible for making quality products that meet all customer standards
- Identify significant issues related to quality, safety, down time, production problems or any other unexpected issues.
- BS/BA degree is required; prefer in Organizational Leadership, Business, Operations Management or similar education
- 3+ years manufacturing (open to any industry of manufacturing) and or military supervision experience required
- MUST HAVE experience leading and or initiating continuous improvement projects and using methodologies such as lean, kaizen, kanban, 5S, 6S, Gemba Walks, six-sigma, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Toyota principles (TP) or similar methodologies
- Good attitude, hardworking, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to think outside the box and use root cause analysis to solve problems
- Computer literate in spreadsheet and word applications
- Open to working 2nd shift (3 pm – 11 pm) and working overtime / weekends when necessary (overtime will be paid)
- High-speed packaging, consumer products or food manufacturing experience
- Experience with lean manufacturing, 5S, six-sigma or other continuous improvement tools. Lean or Six-sigma certifications
- Knowledgeable of GMP’s, FDA, AIB, USDA, SQF and OSHA regulations
- Military veteran