Locations: Portland ME, Augusta ME, Atlanta GA, Newark NJ, Rochester NY
NEW OPENING: Seeking experienced high voltage Electrical Engineer to lead the growth of Substation group of a well-established Power Delivery engineering firm. This leadership role will encompass high level engineering designs ranging from 15 kV - 500 kV. Position will be responsible for development of physical layout/design of equipment, protection and control logic, elementary and wiring diagrams and will be required to supervise subordinate engineers and designers to assure the quality of design deliverables.
Position will also be responsible for specification and procurement of engineered equipment, as well as development of design scope, cost estimates, and proposals. The right candidate will demonstrate an appreciation for all applicable aspects of power delivery engineering, including work performed by Transmission Engineers, Protection & Control Specialists, Senior Substation Designers, as well as general Substation Engineers.This is client-facing position and requires excellent communication skills.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in physical lay-out / design of electric utility substations
- PE License or EIT or ability to obtain
- Preferable experience in Substation design for large utility clients
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Coordination with Transmission engineers, P&C specialists, designers
- Experience with client-facing work, bidding, proposals, working with vendors, serving as liaison between clients, consultants, and significant stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills
- Salary is dependent upon experience
- Relocation assistance
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Must be authorized to work in US