Are you ready to utilize and maximize your career and skillsets to the next level to have a tremendous impact? Then this company is the right one for you!
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES:
This position is relied upon to use prescribed methods in performing specific and limited portionsof a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results, and follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Conduct all business activities with customers and employees in an honest and ethical manner and within the guidelines of company policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintain technical skills and proficiency as necessary to meet the technical and quality requirements of the project assignments.
- Overall responsibility for maintaining the quality of the work product including checking of work delegated by the incumbent.
- Complete project design assignments as directed by the Project Manager. Typical design assignments will include:
- Calculations including:
- Site grading
- Cut and fill
- Wall strip footings
- Column spread footings
- Floor slab
- Equipment foundations
- Tank foundations
- Retaining walls
- Deep foundations
- Pipe supports
- Site grading
- Structural Steel
- Check that the design and drawings has met customer specifications, applicable code requirements and design calculations.
- Check dimensioned drawings.
- Check the civil drawings against the electrical and mechanical design packages for interferences or problems.
- Check vendor drawings and confirm that they meet or exceed specifications.
- Assist the Project Manager in the technical, administrative, budgetary, and schedule implementation of assigned projects.
- Assist in generating and maintaining project schedules.
- Coordinate with other Engineers, Designers, and Drafters in completing project assignments.
- Communicate with clients concerning project business.
- Travel domestically as required to meet with clients and to visit job sites to insure successful project implementation.
- Assist the Project Manager in keeping project costs within budget.
- Report to management on project, budget and schedule status.
- Assist with preparation of estimates for proposed projects.
Project Manager and Senior Project Manager
May supervise Drafters, Designers, or Technicians as assigned by Sr. Project Manager or Project
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS:
Interacts with Project Managers, clients, vendors, Designers, Drafters, and other engineering
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION GUIDLINES: The successful candidate will meet the following
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer license or having passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam in the civil discipline.
- Industry codes, standards and specs. Knowing what is in the code or standard and the ability to apply it to a design.
- Natural Gas Compression application experience a plus.
Problem solver, independent thinker, self-starter. Interacts successfully with all levels of staff, clients and vendors. Able to work in a collaborative process. Able to plan, organize and implement with successful and timely results. Open to change; receptive to new ideas and concepts.
Proficient in the speaking, reading and writing of the English language. Reads and evaluates shop
drawings and product submittals. Ability to write specialized reports and routine correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Understands
and follows safety instructions.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic
equations, and permutations. Applies mathematical operations to the discipline specific tasks, such
as foundation and structural design.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to
interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to apply discipline specific basic engineering
concepts to assigned tasks.