Assistant Director of Nursing -
- Full Time
- Direct Hire
- Competitive Compensation, based on experience.
- 95k - 99k, DOE.
- Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Setting: Long Term Care
- Location: Waterloo, New York
- Candidate must have prior proven positive leadership experience in a manager or assistant director role.
- Candidate must have ability to adapt to change and create an environment that supports change.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate with all levels
- Candidate must have the ability to develop and foster meaningful relationships with staff, residents and families.
- Candidate must have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a commitment to providing our residents and families with an exceptional experience.
- Candidate must be able to mentor and develop others.
- Candidate must have excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Minimum: Graduate of an accredited school or Registered Professional Nursing with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree or willingness to actively pursue.Preferred: BSN
- Current New York State Registered Professional Nursing License required.
- Minimum:Four years of managerial experience and two years of nursing experience and demonstrated leadership abilities in the Long Term Care setting.
- Knowledge/application of New York State Department of Health regulations and survey process and successful experience.
Must be clinically competent.
- Preferred:Prior Assistant Director level experience
- Minimum:Proven ability to develop healthy relationships with others (with staff, medical staff, other department managers, and the public) in a resident/family centered focused environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with residents and staff in a variety of stressful and adverse scenarios.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability for high level of multi-tasking.
- Computer literacy required with word processing, spreadsheets, power point
PRI and MDS knowledge/experience; Experience with Microsoft Office products including word, excel and power point.
- Two - Four years nursing experience
- Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
- About the area: Waterloo is a city in central New York State. It is located at the northern end of Seneca Lake, known as the Finger Lakes Region. It boasts quality wine trails, a rich history, natural beauty, and four-season attractions. On Cayuga Lake, the city of Ithaca is home to Cornell University. The surrounding area is marked by high gorges, many with dramatic waterfalls, including Taughannock Falls and Buttermilk Falls. Near the tip of Seneca Lake, Watkins Glen State Park has rocky cliffs and cascading waterfalls, plus trout fishing. Southwest is the Corning Museum of Glass. To the north is the Old Erie Canal, a pivotal 19th-century waterway now offering hiking, canoeing and fishing. In the northwest, the city of Rochester overlooks Lake Ontario. Not a far drive to a top-rated mall, great restaurants and tons of outdoor activities. You can find Hobart and Williams Smith Colleges and Ithaca are nearby.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 95000
Salary Max : 99000
Currency Type : US Dollars