This opening is due to a promotion, offers flexibility, work from home 2 days per week, choose your on-site work hours, have key decision makers on site and your own office, all at a company with VISION to solve their customer's challenges!
📌 This position is available due to an internal promotion of a key team member
📌 Hoping for more flexibility in your position? Work from home two days a week and choose the hours you want to work at the office: 7:30-4:30, 8-5, 9-6, etc.
📌 In this role you will work on site with all of the key management team members
📌 The company is diversifying their business; join the team now and enjoy the experience
📌 Open door policy, great culture, flexibility and a company with vision to solve their customers' challenges all can be had here
We will make this process easy for you...apply today!
Due to an internal promotion, our client is backfilling the role of a key employee. They are hiring a Controller to lead their large accounting team and support multiple sites at a corporate location. The Controller will report to the CFO and have direct and indirect reports. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Leading, motivating and coaching a team of direct and indirect accounting staff
- Coordinating all reporting and consolidation of the financials
- Leading all internal and external audits
- Managing the day-to-day treasury and cash flow
- Developing, improving and enhancing accounting policies, procedures and KPIs
- Preparing requested financial reports in company ERP system and MS Excel
- Completing and finalizing all activities for monthly, quarterly and year-end closing of books (for multiple locations), including P&L, G/L review, journal entry review and posting, and consolidation of financials and analysis
- Improving accounting processes, guidelines and KPIs
- Planning and analyzing forecasts, budgets and financials
- Supplying the company and the leadership team with accurate and timely financial data
- Partnering daily with managers to supply timely accounting data
- Tracking cost saving activities for the site
- Preparing and presenting accurate accounting data
- Completing special accounting projects based on requests from management
- Completing other tasks as requested by management
Candidates should be willing to be hands on as needed, have strong analytical skills, excellent problem solving, have stellar presentation skills, be able to build rapport with the hourly workforce and management and enjoy working within a team-oriented environment. The right person will be a strong leader and be able to develop their direct and indirect reports. Candidates will have the opportunity to grow and advance their career with the company. Benefits are competitive, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, life & AD&D, STD, LTD, paid holidays and vacation.
Requirements for the Controller:
1. Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Finance or Accounting
2. At least 3-5 years in a similar Controller position
3. Experience leading accounting initiatives in manufacturing and/or distribution environments
4. Experience working with ERP systems
5. Experience leading budgeting and forecasting
6. Experience owning month-end and year-end closing processes
7. Experience overseeing others
8. Microsoft Office, including strong MS Excel skills
Skills that are preferred, BUT NOT required:
1. Experience overseeing direct and indirect reports
2. Experience working for multi-site organizations
Why should you work for this organization?
- Have the flexibility that you and your family need
- Choose when you will work in the office and what hours you will work
- Minimal weekends and great working hours
- Non-automotive industry, non-union employer
- The company is launching a new product that will take them to the next level
- When you are working on site, you will have you own office
- Excellent company culture
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Tiffin, Ohio area. There is not a relocation available.
controller, finance manager, cost accounting, financial cost analyst, cost analysis, manufacturing accounting, manufacturing accounting analyst, financial analysts, asst. controller, cost accountant, staff accountant, GL accountant, senior accountant, accounting analyst, accounting supervisor, cost accountant, director of finance, financial director, director of finance, Senior director of finance, regional controller, senior director, assistant finance director, regional controller, head of strategic finance, vp of finance, vp of accounting, director of accounting, corporate controller, accounting controller, finance controller, plant controller