Our Chicago West Suburban client is one of the largest manufacturers of flexible automotive components globally, with extensive manufacturing and distribution facilities on six continents. Their cutting-edge technologies support a growing number of major North American and European automotive and heavy truck manufacturers.
- · Flexible daily start times between 7-9 AM.
- · Competitive compensation and PTO package
- · Medical, dental, vision insurance
- · 401k plan with match.
- · Tuition Reimbursement.
- · Remote work option during adverse weather conditions, with the expectation to work on-site each day under normal circumstances.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer uses operating system (OS) to identify Lean improvement opportunities while leading, managing, and executing projects. The Continuous Improvement Engineer facilitates and coaches/teaches the operating system to identify and drive out waste throughout all levels of the organization.
KEY RESULTS /ACTIONS AREAS
Operating System (OS) deployment
- Provide leadership to implement OS Culture through day-by-day tools.
- All activities must include OS reference & methodology as a main backbone
- Other proven methodologies may be used to support the consistent implementation of OS
Build strong collaborative relationships with executives, managers, and front-line personnel. Leading by example with a reach-for-more mentality
- Hands-on engagement with all levels of the organization.
- Negotiator to get consensus and obtain the buy-in of senior leadership and front-line personnel driving successful adoption of change initiatives, projects, and Kaizens.
Continuous Improvement culture promotion based on core values and OS concepts
- All activities must be gaged at the end using the OS Change Management ensuring the following activities to avoid false starts and regressions.
- 'Build a roadmap of activities mixing Kaizen, training, and focused projects to drive operational improvement.
Lean Tools Implementations
- Use OS Diagnostic tools to support leadership to implement Lean tools to ensure KPI´s with sufficiency. 'Build a roadmap of activities mixing Kaizen, training, and focused projects to drive operational improvement.
Key Relationships: Directors / Plant Manager, Business Unit Directors/Managers, Engineering, Operations, Materials, Planning, & Logistics, Business Development & Sales and Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Business and Operations,
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES
- 2+ years in Kaizen implementation
- Experience in Automotive or Aerospace
- Knowledge of Lean Transformation, Lean Coaching, Visual Management/6S, Process Improvement Kanban
- Toyota Production System exposure is a plus.
- Proficient use of IT tools (Agile or Scrum is a plus
- Responsible for Internal Auditor Safety and Quality as needed Train the trainer
Competencies: Lean Manufacturing, Problem Solving, Results Orientation, Negotiation, reach for more mentality, Teaching Skills, Coach Skills, High Business oriented, and Intercultural skills are a plus.