Major and established brand name company has an opportunity in the Indianapolis area at one of their plants for a Quality Supervisor on the 1st shift and also one for the night shift. There is a very attractive 401K and incentive plan associated with this position. Relocation assistance is also available for this role.
Major brand name company is looking to add to their team to help us meet the demands of our customers across the country. Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will work onsite at the Indianapolis, IN manufacturing plant. You will provide guidance, technical assistance and scheduling to quality assurance technicians and associates. As a quality assurance professional, you are involved in all aspects of quality and safety including audits, HACCP program evaluation, GMP training, working with operations personnel on quality and safety issues, inspecting returned and incoming products, customer complaints, implementing procedures and evaluating new equipment installation or repair.
- Lead quality assurance activities (e.g., audits, training, purchasing, etc.)
- Provide technical training to QA personnel.
- Monitor and verify the HACCP plan's CCPs.
- Conduct facility GMP and food safety inspections.
- Coordinate with production in the monitoring of packaging lines for control of weights, metal detection, codes, and product/package integrity.
- Verify operations control systems are functional and being followed.
- Places product on hold, release or disposition; Evaluate damaged products.
- Coordinate resolution of customer complaints
- Review lab results for completion and compliance to programs.
- BS Degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science or other related degree preferred, but will consider no degree with good experience
- 3+ years related experience
- HACCP Plan experience
- Understanding of government regulations (FDA, USDA)
- Open to consider out of all industries