We have a direct hire industrial maintenance mechanic position available.
Receives instructions covering the scheduled and emergency repair, installation and inspection work to be done. Reads prints and sketches.
Inspects mill equipment for defects such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc. Determines the best way of making repairs to minimize interruption of production. Advises when immediate shut-down of equipment is necessary to minimize damage or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect.
Performs welding and burning in connection with repair and maintenance on plant equipment, buildings and tools.
Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles and lubricates mechanical equipment. Adjusts equipment for proper operating characteristics. Makes either temporary or permanent repairs. Assembles and aligns gears, bearings and shafts, involving the application of press, sliding and running fits. Operates simple machine tools such as drill press, pipe threader, power saw, etc. Erects scaffolds and performs simple rigging as necessary.
Changes, sets up and adjusts equipment as required by production schedules.
- Operates high lift, as required, in conjunction with mechanical repair work. Checks fluid and L.P. gas levels and adds, as required. Reports any condition requiring maintenance work. Operates high lift, radio controlled floor operated crane or pickup truck.
- Keeps work area in a clean, orderly and safe condition
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 3-5 years industrial maintenance experience
- Must meet company requirements for fall protection
- Direct hands on experience with stick welding /cutting, must be able to handle oxygen acetylene torches, fundamental understanding of mechanical systems and possess a basic understanding of hydraulics