Our company creates technology that solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World class manufacturing is a journey and it is our talented people who lead us on this quest.
Job Description; Internal Audit Manager / Ethics Hotline Coordinator A challenging and demanding position within a fast-paced highly professional corporate environment in a global automobile parts manufacturing leader.
Position: Manager, Internal Audit (Ethics Hotline Coordinator)
Reporting: Vice President, Internal Audit (will report to Global Director of Special Investigations upon hire)
Qualifications: Bachelor or master’s degree in Business, Accounting or other related field (i.e. Communications). Preferred other profession related / job relevant designations (i.e. CFE, CPA).
Experience: The candidate should have minimum of 5-10 years of mixed administration, accounting or auditing experience preferably in the (car) manufacturing environment.
Office Location: Troy, Michigan, USA Languages: English
Overview: As part of Internal Audit (IA) Specials team, the successful candidate will be supporting Global IA Specials Lead in administering and coordinating Special engagements globally, as in detail defined below.
As part of our Investigation team, the successful candidate will be supporting Global Investigations Leads in monitoring the execution of Special engagements. The successful candidate may attend or lead Special engagements assigned in the region.
The candidate will be expected to handle sensitive confidential matters that require high level of integrity and professionalism.
This position currently reports to the Vice President Internal Audit and provides the successful candidate with a healthy mix of administration and operational (corporate investigative) experience with challenging career opportunities within the corporate Internal Audit department or one of other corporate functions and Groups.
Includes preparing executive summaries and participating in presentation to the Groups, Vice President Internal Audit, CFO, and the Audit Committee.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Acting Ethics Hotline Administrator for the review of incoming Hotline reports in the corporate case system (Navex).
- Entering new Special cases into Navex based on information provided by Ethics Hotline Administrator or Management.
- Setting-up periodic case update meetings with the Case Oversight Team, Case Investigation Leads and Groups.
- Monitoring case status updates for all on-going global investigations and cases under management remediation efforts.
- Supporting Investigation Leads on background checks using internal and external databases.
- Reviewing requests for email holds, notifying the Vice President Internal Audit for approval
- Notifying Vice President Internal audit of any high risk or overdue engagements.
- Reviewing documentation of ongoing Special engagements for completeness and accuracy.
- Setting up quarterly update meetings with the corporate functions, regional leads and Groups.
- Preparing reports on the case status to CFO, IOC, MCC and AC.
- Preparing reports on defined investigation KPIs for IOC.
- Closing cases in Navex upon final review by IOC, MCC and AC. When needed:
- Supporting annual corporate Fraud Risk Assessment Process.
- Point of contact for Navex on system administration matters (meetings, communication, updates, requests etc.).
- Point of contact for users on system administration matters (access rights, name/position changes etc.).
- Preparing training materials and presentations on Navex and Specials.
- Coordinating on-site and off-site trainings for various Navex stakeholders and departments.
- Other administrative / coordination tasks as necessary. The candidate must fully understand Corporate Compliance Policies and Procedures, and furthermore, abide professional practices defined by IIA and ACFE organizations, including their guidelines, practices and terminology.
Job Description; Internal Audit Manager / Ethics Hotline Coordinator Required Personnel Characteristics:
- Communication – most important aspect, must be able to concisely deliver summaries and report-outs and utilize listening skills during meetings. Training is offered in this category for someone looking to sharpen this skill.
- Organized - be able to approach each task and assignment in a disciplined methodical systematic manner with sufficient detail including planning, execution, communication and records retention (filing) in a timely basis.
- Professional – be able to deal with several corporate levels in an even, objective, non-opinionated and polite manner and develop good rapport. The candidate will be expected to develop leadership and other interpersonal management skills.
- Flexible - be able to handle stress and change of schedule and plans at a moment’s notice and organize such tasks in priority to fulfil IA obligations while working in a team environment.
- Committed & Reliable - commitment to complete tasks accurately, with sufficient detail, efficiently and effectively. Good team member interaction and communication is essential.
- Confidentiality & Trustworthy – proven record of high ethical standards. All information within the department is to remain strictly confidential. All information to remain within IA unless specifically directed.
Required Technical Skills:
- Have expert command of MS Office Applications and Internet including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Have sound understanding of MRP systems and IT applications in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Other Skills & Experience:
- Prior working exposure or understanding of Navex (Ethics Point) database; understood this may not be inherent