The Ceramic Process Engineer will be responsible for the development and installation of new process for the manufacturing plant. They will provide support to process through transition to manufacturing and will support customer technical service. Provide leadership, engineering expertise, and excellence to the Operations and Maintenance teams in support of Safety, Quality, Productivity, Delivery, and Organizational Development initiatives.
- Participate in new product introduction project with cross-functional teams and external validation partners. Responsibilities include voice of customer and customer requirement determination, feasibility testing, prototyping, gauge development, pilot testing, cost analysis and scale up to manufacturing.
- Apply project management skills in planning, budgeting, time management, resource allocation, and risk management.
- Lead identification, mitigation, and elimination of safety exposures.
- Establish, update, and maintain production procedures, maintenance procedures, process/product control, and test data.
- Drive continuous improvement in areas of safety, product quality, product delivery, and product cost.
- Reduce product lead time via the implementation of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Facilitate problem solving (root cause analysis) with corrective action through collaboration with Operations, Maintenance, and other support organizations.
- Apply Six Sigma methodology, statistical, surface and materials characterization tools for process improvement, failure analysis and troubleshooting.
- Collect and analyze process and production data to identify trends and ensure process stability.
- Ensure quality through analysis of incoming raw materials, process reliability, in-process testing, and final product certification.
- Drive resolution of customer claims and reduce repeat claims to improve the total customer experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Process Engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with the design and function of ceramic forming processes including dry pressing, slip casting, pressure casting, filter pressing, extrusion and ram pressing.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Material Science Engineering, or similar.
- Experience in statistical design and analysis of experimental data including design of experiment, hypothesis testing and Gage R&R.
- Ability to collaborate with manufacturing, supplier, and customer to accomplish project objectives on time and within budget.
- Experience working with statistical software such as Minitab.