Our client has an opening for a Technical Sales Representative responsible for sales of their line of X-ray Structure Analysis Products in the Midwestern USA. The portfolio includes XRD, SAXS, and attachments for non-ambient XRD. Ideally, you will be in the Chicago area, but other locations in the Midwestern USA near a major airport will be acceptable. The range for the base salary is $86,000 - 97,000/y. The commission plan is uncapped, pays monthly from dollar one, and includes bonuses for meeting and exceeding targets. Our client offers monthly car allowance and mileage, full benefits, profit sharing bonuses, and a $10,000 anniversary bonus every five years.
- Generating and developing new accounts and effectively managing existing accounts.
- Presenting to small and large audiences including C-suite executives, production managers, and technicians.
- Attending and contributing to trade shows and scientific conferences.
- Qualifying opportunities and developing proposals and closing business.
- Experience in capital equipment sales, analytical instruments preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in a natural or materials sciences or engineering,
- Availability for frequent overnight travel (up to 75%).
- Valid driver's license and passport.