Production Supervisor (Day Shift)
Supervises union employees on an assigned shift to ensure the manufacture of Food Product that comply with quality, quantity, and cost standards. This position directs 15 to 20 union production operators. This position also works to see that all safety, food safety, and environmental compliance measures are met. This position assists operations in troubleshooting and solving problems.
· Supervises production activities of 25-30 Production Associates to ensure product meets or exceeds requirements.
· Promote and maintain a safe working environment.
· Maintain the plant in a good condition according to GMP, Food Safety and Regulatory requirements.
· Lead, train, and develop the Union work force.
· Prepare overtime work postings, assign and fill open work.
· Administrate entries into SAP (pick lists, raw material received, etc).
· Maintain, improve, and comply with all environmental standards and regulations.
· Assists in SOP completion/training/update activities.
· Review inventory levels and work with Purchasing and Outside Warehousing to ensure the plant is properly stocked.
· Work with Maintenance Department in scheduling and prioritizing preventative and corrective maintenance of the production areas.
· Work with outside vendors to ensure by-products and waste streams are removed fluently.
· Update yield and production report.
· Assumes product quality.
· Assists operators in problem solving and troubleshooting.
· Review processing documentation for lot cut offs and traceability.
· Implement cost control and cost reduction measures within the production and environmental areas.
· 4 Year Degree in Business, Sciences, or Engineering disciplines
· 2-5 years of proven leadership in a highly regulated manufacturing environment
· Strong collaborative and communication skills