Client, an A-rated global provider of reinsurance and insurance, has been operating for nearly 50 years through its subsidiaries in Bermuda, Canada, Europe, Singapore, and the US. With over $10 billion in GWP, the client excels in extensive product and distribution capabilities, boasting a strong balance sheet and a solid corporate culture.
The client offers a range of benefits, including generous tuition/continuing education reimbursement, mentoring opportunities, flexible work arrangements, and talent development initiatives. Its financial strength is evident through high ratings from leading agencies such as A+ A.M. Best, A+ S&P Global, and A1 Moody's Investor Service. Known for its nimbleness, entrepreneurial spirit, and responsiveness, the client is a market leader with diversified income streams, strong underwriting performance, reduced volatility, and robust cash flow.
The client is currently seeking a Manager of Investment Accounting for their New Jersey headquarters. This remote-hybrid position requires presence in the office three days a week, allowing for remote work on the remaining days. As the Manager of Investment Accounting, the individual will interact with and support various aspects of accounting, financial analysis, and reporting for the group.
- Overseeing the monthly recording and review of capital calls, distributions, and equity adjustments for our extensive limited partnership portfolio of over 150 partnerships.
- Performing verification of ownership percentages for accurate reporting.
- Tracking and reporting on unfunded limited partnership commitments.
- Collaborating closely with the Investment Management team to monitor and fund new deals involving general partnerships and limited partnerships.
- Preparing statutory Schedule BA and reviewing various financial statement disclosures.
- Compiling exhibits to demonstrate compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Participating in the broader investment accounting closing processes.
- Interacting and responding to external and internal auditor requests.
- Assisting in process improvements and undertaking ad hoc projects and analyses.
- Conducting accounting and reporting of investments based on GAAP and Statutory guidelines.
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related business field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent certification is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of accounting experience, with a specific focus on investments and limited partnership accounting.
- Strong knowledge of limited partnership accounting under both GAAP and Statutory guidelines (prior experience in investment partnership accounting is a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and motivate and develop staff.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel.
#LI - HYBRID