Fremont, Ohio area
Competitive compensation available, based on previous experience
Develop relationships, busy automotive supplier, seven launches, fun working environment and BONUS potential!
Do you enjoy customer and/or supplier interaction and developing business relationships?
You won't be bored in this role; this busy automotive supplier has seven new launches in the pipeline!
Who doesn't want to work with quality professionals that foster a team oriented environment, while having fun every day?
This position is bonus eligible!
Don't delay, apply today!
Due to a promotion, a premier, successful automotive supplier is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to work within their team focused quality engineering group and report to the Quality Manager. The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Research, qualify and develop new suppliers
- Assist with supplier quality issues, including reviewing root cause analysis and corrective actions from suppliers
- Issue and review supplier scorecards
- Represent the company and serve as the point of contact for supply chain issues, meetings and giving supplier direction
- Complete weekly reports on PPAP status
- Act as the liaison for engineering and suppliers on future corrections
- Utilize formal problem solving techniques to determine root cause of quality issues
- Partner with production on supplier quality issues
- Review PPAP submissions
- Complete necessary weekly and monthly reports
- Other quality engineering tasks as assigned
Candidates must be able to communicate directly and effectively at all levels, be self-motivated, take initiative on projects, work on multiple tasks and be hands on. This position requires candidates to be on the manufacturing floor up to 70% of their day. Individuals should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including being able to effectively communicate with frontline associates, suppliers and internal customers. Medical benefits are available the first day of employment. Benefits include holiday and vacation pay, medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401K and bonus potential!
REQUIREMENTS for the Supplier Quality Engineer:
1. An Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree are highly preferred
2. At least 2-5 years in a similar manufacturing engineering position; quality engineering is highly preferred
3. Experience working with controls plans and process flow
4. Experience with statistical analysis
5. Experience with PFMEAs
6. Blueprint reading
7. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Quality certifications – CQE, CQT, etc.
2. Supplier quality engineering experience
3. Automotive supplier experience
Why work for this organization:
1. The organization is experiencing growth and has launches scheduled
2. Competitive medical benefits package
3. The company has a diverse automotive business mix
4. Bonus potential
5. The organization is investing in equipment and robotics
6. Work with cutting edge technology
7. Work with a team of quality professionals that support each other and have fun daily!
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Fremont, Ohio area.
QA manager, QA supervisor, QA engineer, quality assurance engineer, quality engineer, quality supervisor, quality manager, quality coordinator, quality technician, 8d, 5p, 5d, automotive, oem, ford, Honda, Toyota, injection molding, plastics, assembly, new program, new model, fmea, pfmea, apqp, quality systems, quality control, RCA, corrective actions, counter measures, mechanical engineer, manufacturing technologies, industrial technologies, supplier quality coordinator, supplier quality manager, process engineering, process engineer, manufacturing engineer, manufacturing engineering, product engineering, mechanical engineer, industrial engineer, industrial engineering