Human Resources Manager - Bilingual
$80-130K plus bonus
Our Louisville, KY manufacturing client is looking to hire a Human Resources Manager bilingual in Spanish and English. The Human Resources Manager reports to the Vice President of Human Resources and has responsibility for the HR function within the Louisville, KY operation. This leadership role will effectively balance operational excellence in the day-to-day tactical work of a true human resources practitioner/generalist and transformational culture improvement to enhance the employee experience. The role will partner with the local management team and provide leadership and support on all matters related to people and culture; build strategies for employee engagement and manager effectiveness that drive engagement, reduce attrition and improve our position as a best place to work; and support talent succession and development, strategies for branded recruitment and onboarding, and oversee employee relations, compensation and compliance.
- Be a thought partner for the plant management team in all matters related to people and culture.
- Thoughtfully evaluate challenges/obstacles to advancing our culture of continuous improvement (CI) and culture transformation.
- Conduct root cause analysis on attrition and collaborate with the leadership team to establish an action plan which will sustainably reduce the turnover of hourly associates.
- Develop overall segment HR strategy to align with the business strategy and cultivate an aspirational culture of continuous improvement. Partner with the Leadership Team to strategize and achieve success.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to implement culture KPI’s, implement new ways to empower and hold people accountable to process and implement new ways of working which rewards risk taking and a desire to continuously improve, and supports efficiencies in decision making which accelerates toward the aspirational culture of Continuous Improvement.
- Build and foster credibility that establishes the HR function as a consultative Continuous Improvement partner. Coach leaders on effective use of tools and reinforce the benefits of leveraging the tools. Help leaders evaluate their teams for continual improvement, for both buy-in to the cultural movement and rewarding of people who implement improvements; teach leaders to celebrate wins and losses that align with the aspirational continuous improvement culture. Support succession plans and leadership development throughout the teams.
- Lead strategies to achieve organization goals, solve problems that limit margin and/or growth, reduce attrition and build brand recognition and pride amongst employees. Use engagement survey results to evaluate and drive initiatives that lead to an environment with effective managers who retain talent.
- Lead recruitment, onboarding and retention, including development of a clear/succinct talent brand proposition, education of benefits to working at this company and staffing strategies to create an ongoing talent funnel, as well as opportunities for advancement within.
- Support the performance management and Organization and Talent Cycle process (OTC), goal setting, performance appraisals, coaching and feedback, wage and salary structures and pay policies, career development and succession.
- Manage other areas as needed including building/upgrading protocols as necessary to reduce process waste and drive empowerment; headcount allocation, relocation, immigration, exit and severance agreements, legal cases relating to employment. Consult with legal counsel as an ongoing partner for the location.
- B.A./B.S. in Business, Human Resources or related field; SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Firm grasp of the fundamentals of HR Management; minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is Required.
- Demonstrated business acumen and ownership of HR KPIs; using business and HR data to drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrated organizational development skills – developing and aligning structure, people, processes and reward systems with business objectives
- Demonstrated problem solving and change management experience
- Demonstrated experience leading positive associate relations and communication programs
- Strong mix of both tactical and strategic HR thinker.
- Any experience with Lean or Continuous Improvement tools experience a plus.
- Experience improving staffing and retention utilizing tools to dig in and figure out root cause highly preferred.