Be a part of an organization, with a dynamic leadership team that truly values and appreciates the people that work there. Excellent growth opportunities at this Milwaukee area client! The focus of this position is to develop, implement, and improve the processes on the factory. As the link between design engineering and the production floor you provide the manufacturing expertise needed to implement the production of new products as well as processing changes to existing products. This position is responsible for maintaining production capability, improving quality, reducing cost, improving safety, and maximizing throughout. This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Company – A major player in the heavy mobile equipment industry
· A growing division of a $1 Billion heavy mobile equipment organization with nearly 6,000 employees worldwide.
· Production orders booked out for a year.
· Dynamic, Manufacturing Engineering Manager, who was promoted from within to lead this group.
· Outstanding culture focused on safety and the growth of the individual.
Benefits and Features – They truly VALUE and APPRECIATE their employees!
· EXCELLENT Benefits and Compensation Plan –4.5% Employer match on 401K, Health, Vision, Dental, tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance and more.
· 8% Bonus Level
· Flexible work hours (work 9 hours Monday-Thursday and only 4 hours on Friday w/o taking PTO).
· Tuition reimbursement, On-site fitness center, On-site nurse.
· Work/Life Balance – when you take a vacation, you get to take a REAL vacation and not a working vacation where you are tethered to your laptop and email. Your team has your back!
· Culture of continuous improvement where team members have a voice and good ideas are appreciated from all levels of the organization
· It is a business casual workplace, jeans every day.
Sorry, no visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What you will be doing:
- Plan, support, and lead introduction of products to the manufacturing floor. Manages the integration of new product into existing lines with an understanding of new processes effect online balance, pFMEA, and line efficiency.
- Uses advanced understanding of Lean Concepts and continuous improvement needed for reduction of waste within manufacturing processes
- Troubleshoot production line problems
- Lead initiatives that mitigate risk, maintain ISO compliance and reduce costs
- Lead design initiatives within the manufacturing process, including line / cell layout, tooling, and part flow
- Capital equipment justification
- Work to advance safety and ergonomic practices
What they are looking for
- BS Engineering and 4 to 7 years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Proficient computer skills including CAD, Word, Excel, and Access
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma
- Any experience with production line layout would be very helpful