Main Job Functions:
- Perform installation, repair, maintenance and technical services at customer sites.
- Travel required.
- This position reports to the Service Manager and the President.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer support, diagnose equipment operation problems and assist in the process of supplying spare/replacement parts. Maintain a professional demeanor and helpful attitude on all customer interactions.
- Provide assistance at customer sites in machine start-up, installation and/or repair as required.
- Provide detailed feedback (marked prints, etc.) of deviations from issued (As Built) drawings, blueprints, parts lists, etc. to the Engineering Department so “As Built” files can be updated.
- Work with the Production, Engineering, and Sales departments, and with customers on acceptance testing and training, including in-house Final Testing and FAT procedures.
- Work with minimum supervision working from instruction manuals, assembly blueprints, parts lists, etc.
- Adhere to and follow Company policies and safety regulations, and encourage safe work practices. Assist in other areas and help train other employees in the Company.
- Adhere to and implement the ISO QMS. Participate in the Process of Ongoing Improvement to identify policies, processes and procedures that contribute to improve the operations of the Parts / Service Department and Company.
- When travel is required, performs and adheres to a flexible work schedule, which may include Saturdays, Sundays and off hours. This is dependent upon customer circumstances or other field service emergencies.
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC (Allen Bradley service level training or equivalent).
- Fundamental training and or experience in mechanical, electrical and pneumatic principles. Technical or College degree preferred.
- Experience in field support technical service, preferably as a Field Service Engineer.
- Working knowledge of automatic machinery, preferably in the pharmaceutical / medical field.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints and electronic schematics.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively to support others.
- Good computer, organizational skills, professional conduct and positive attitude required.
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.