Human Resources Manager
$90-115K plus bonus
Our Waterloo, IA manufacturing client is looking to hire a Human Resources Manager. This HR Manager will report to the CEO and have daily Human Resources responsibilities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to be a member of the management team and involved in the strategic positioning of company business and the development of our shared core values.
- Supports a corporate strategy that builds a DEI&B workforce, an important factor in achieving company culture and success.
- Proactively assess company current and future state, continually evaluate resource impacts to business risk, provide recommendations in the best interest of our company employees and other stakeholders.
- Maintains current HR knowledge and industry trends. Identifies trends that could impact the organization objectives. Maintain an effective level of business literacy including company goals, mission, financial position, strategy, competition, technology, and culture.
- Develop an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes customer satisfaction, quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- As a key business partner within the organization, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for leading the company’s strategic and tactical human resources efforts, developing, and supporting solid community relations, business partnerships, and oversee department activities, programs, procedures, and initiatives; driving functional excellence to achieve company short- and long-term business strategy.
- Lead functional disciplines of Benefit Design and Administration, Compensation, Workforce Planning, Recruitment, Onboarding, Training and Development, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Policy Development and Administration, Workers’ Compensation, Risk Management and Safety, ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory and reporting requirements.
- Perform other duties as company needs change and assigned by CEO.
Education & Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· PHR / SHRM certified and completion of OHSA General Industry training,
· 5+ years of recruiting experience preferred.
· SHRM-SCP certification, or any other advanced education/ training in the HR field.
· Excellent LMA skills, communicators, and mentors to their teams.
- Past senior-level management in talent acquisition.
- Manufacturing Human Resources experience.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings at the employee and executive level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey information effectively within all levels of the organization.
- Track record of building systems and improving systems and policies to build HR’s capacity to handle increasing scale and complexity.
- Ensure company compliance with all government and legislative standards and laws.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy including company goals, mission, and financial position, strategy competition, technology, and culture, in order to successfully implement and manage efficient and effective HR processes in support of the business.
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS software experience required.
- Design and execute talent acquisition strategies that enhance the organization's visibility/reputation in key recruiting markets and programs that support the company's ability to retain and attract talent.
- Analyze recruitment trends and partner with other leaders to identify talent forecasting, trends, and placement strategies.
- Partner with senior management and other departments to develop staffing plans, recruiting strategies, and talent development.
- Accountable to company and department KPIs