Quality Assurance Supervisor – Food (1st shift)
- National snack foods manufacturer that has been in business for 108+ years has a need for a 1st shift Quality Assurance Supervisor
- The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for the coordination, planning and execution of the food safety initiatives
- Our client offers great benefits, stability, growth potential and a great team environment.
- This job is open due to promotion
- Sponsorship and visa transfers are not accepted at this time
- The Quality Assurance Supervisor will enforce and oversee food safety regulations, policies, and procedures for a RTE/RTC food processing /packaging operation.
- Enforce safety and food safety standards, policies, and programs including HACCP, SQF and GFSI, regulatory audits, food safety training programs, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), product inspections, and standardization work instructions.
- Develop and provide training for food safety and quality requirements
- Work with manager to assist with conducting facility food safety audits and assist with managing third party audits, working with USDA and AIB inspectors
- Monitor and verify activities to ensure that all products coming in and out of the facility meet food safety standards and SQF standards
- Update existing food safety procedures and documentation to keep up with changing requirements
- Work closely with Operations on any food safety or quality assurance issues
- Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, ideally in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology or similar.
- 2+ years manufacturing a food safety / quality assurance leadership role; must have experience leading / directing and or supervising a team of quality technicians
- Food manufacturing is required; prefer experience within a USDA, Ready-to-eat (RTE) or Ready-to-cook (RTC) environment
- SQF practitioner, PCQI and HACCP certified is preferred
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Experience with lean manufacturing, 5S, six-sigma or other continuous improvement tools
- Detailed oriented, good attitude, the ability to influence others and lead/direct others through training initiatives
- Computer literate in spreadsheet, and word applications; SAP experience is preferred