Major and established brand name company has an opportunity in the Indianapolis area at one of their plants for a Quality Team Leader on the 1st shift. There is a very attractive 401K and incentive plan associated with this position. Relocation assistance is also available for this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Member of the FS&Q Pillar in the company performance system.
- Coordinate quality assurance activities including staffing lab, scheduling tasks, maintaining equipment, ordering supplies, and managing budget
- Manage Hold and Release process including reporting, disposition, investigation, root cause, and corrective action of holds following policy and procedures
- Review lab results for completion and compliance to programs
- Assure record review and retention for all required documents including regulatory documents
- Coordinates with production in the monitoring of packaging lines for effective control of weights, metal detection, codes, and product/package integrity
- Conduct facility GMP and food safety inspections tracking progress of corrective actions
- Manage reporting and communication of KPIs and data for assigned area and projects
- Responsible for ensuring Safe Quality Food certification is maintained, including leading internal audits, verifying document control systems are functioning, reviewing quality metrics with routine management review meetings, ensuring monthly quality training, etc.
- General plant support for new products and R&D trials
- General plant troubleshooting and support on Quality related issues including investigation of consumer complaints, Near Misses, product failures, microbiological events, etc.
- Participate in operational meetings including CPS meetings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, or related field
- 3 -5 years of experience in a food, beverage, or dairy production environment
- Three or more years of experience in the Quality field to include performing quality assurance tests; in a production environment, inspecting products, applying math, computer entry and using laboratory equipment with statistical process control; working in a team environment
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Working knowledge of SQF Standards for Food Safety or equivalent quality/food safety standards
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret regulatory compliance guidelines
- Ability to implement quality systems
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with good time management skills and flexibility.
- 1 or more years of supervisory experience preferred
- PCQI and/or HACCP Certification preferred
- Statistical Process Control experience preferred
- Proficiency in SAP preferred