Requirements: A Bachelor's degree is required plus at least 10 years of relevant HR experience is also required. HIGH SPEED FOOD INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS A MUST! The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous knowledge and proven success supervising such functions as: AAP, OSHA, EEOC, DHS, DOL, exempt and non-exempt staffing.
- Proven success in supervision of HR associates which leads to innovation, accuracy, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Previous experience with HRIS, proven track record in developing methods to reduce turnover, expertise in developing and maintain recognition programs. Possesses the skills and abilities to train, coach and mentor supervision in effective methods in directing the workforce.
- Proven ability to supervise the Safety function and control worker compensation costs, TRIR, LTR.
- Must be able to multi-task, to organize multiple protocols and projects and complete on schedule.
- Requires good problem-solving skills; able to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
- Requires ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and a commitment to excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must also possess knowledge of and a commitment to team performance, effective coaching demonstrated skills of a strong team player.
- Requires travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or company business as needed.
- SHRM certification is strongly preferred!
Responsibilities: lead the HR function of a large meat/poultry plant in Dillon, SC. Responsibilities will include staffing, safety, associate relations and employment data process functions. The HR Manager will ensure that the processes used comply with Company policy and procedure, and meet all compliance requirements (AAP, EEOC, DHS, DOL, OSHA, etc.). Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain an effective recruiting / selection plan to attract exempt and non-exempt talent to ensure facility is adequately staffed.
- Develops, implements, and audits processes (with metrics) to reduce turnover.
- Ensures compliance in AAP, EEOC, DOL, DHS, OSHA, and all other federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Responsible for strategic Human Resources planning and goal setting, Develops and updates an annual HR business plan, which supports the initiatives of field operations.
- Develops and implements new ideas and concepts to move HR and the business forward.
Reports to regional Director of HR.