This is a customer-facing, engineering and sales support role. As our application engineer, you will support our sales engineers and our clients in the pre- and post-application sales process.
Up to 50% of your time will be programming, which may be done in our office or onsite at customers depending on the application requirements. In addition, you will take on technical Product expert responsibilities for a subset of the technologies offered by the vendors we support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Sales Engineers and customers with product demonstrations, product sizing and selection, proof of concepts, testing, programming, and general technical support.
- Have the ability and desire to assess and resolve technical industrial automation challenges, utilizing vendor resources when necessary, for the best solution.
- Be a technical, in-house person for assigned products, you will attend sales calls and promote these products with demonstrations and presentations.
- Develop a working knowledge of our company's product offerings.
- Work out of our Appleton, WI, office, and travel locally for sales calls, programming and application start-ups or troubleshooting, with very occasional overnight travel (5%).
- Interaction with customers to understand “Scope of Work” of solutions being recommended and sold.
- Very occasional evening or weekend work may be expected to meet deadlines or urgent customer driven support demands.
- Other technical duties as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering, or relevant experience is preferred
· 2 + years of experience in industrial automation applications and manufacturing processes.
· Experience with PLC, HMI, industrial computer, industrial communication and I/O, robotics, sensors, safety, machine vision or industrial motion control products.Strong communication and time management skills.
A strong sense of responsibility to the team and to our customers.