Belton, Missouri area
Salary up to 88K + bonus potential, profit sharing, excellent 401K and benefits day one of employment
Nervous about your next move? Don't be here!
✔If working as a team is critical to you, you have found your next position! They believe in cross training and backing each other up.
✔Don't like the turnover in your field? The Site HR Lead at this location, who you will report to, has been with the company for NINE years!
✔Enjoying what you do is critical, and if you enjoy working in manufacturing as an HR Generalist and supporting your employees, this will be the perfect match!
✔Scared of a long hiring process...not at this employer; they can make quick decisions.
✔Isn't it time to take the next step in your career?
Due to an internal promotion of a long-term employee, a successful, recession-proof manufacturer is hiring a Manufacturing HR Generalist! The Manufacturing HR Generalist will report to the Site HR Lead and be responsible for day-to-day generalist activities that will include heavy employee relations. The Manufacturing HR Generalist is responsible for the following duties:
- Promote a safe working culture by supporting plant safety requirements
- Operate as a true HR generalist, assisting with employee relations, orientation, FMLA, benefits administration, etc.
- Supply HR assistance and support for the plant
- Support positive employee relation efforts and complete HR investigations as needed
- Maintain staffing partner relationships related to hourly and salary staffing; work with the HR Administrator to monitor hiring
- Assist operations staff with PIPs, suspensions, exit interviews and terminations
- Champion the unemployment process for the plant
- Coach and mentor shift supervisors to complete HR functions in a timely and professional manner
- Complete data entry and HR functions in the company HRIS system
- Support the internal bidding process
- Participate in recruitment efforts, including participating in interviews and making hiring recommendations
- Cross train as the backup for payroll and timekeeping
- Assist with new hire orientation, including willingness to perform orientation processes
- Develop and implement plant training topics
- Support off-shift production in a 24/7 operating environment by being flexible to visit off shifts on a regular basis
- Review HR metrics and KPIs and offer recommendations for improvements
- Other duties as assigned
Medical benefits are available day one of employment. Other benefits include paid holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, EXCELLENT 401K with a 100% match up to 5%, profit sharing and bonus potential!
REQUIREMENTS for the Manufacturing HR Generalist:
1. Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a Human Resources field
2. At least three years in a similar manufacturing and/or distribution HR Generalist position
3. Diverse human resources background
4. Employee relations experience, including experience with employee termination, discipline, orientation, benefits, etc.
5. Experience working with an HRIS system
6. Microsoft Office, including strong MS Excel skills
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Large plant experience
3. Non-union workforce
4. SHRM certification
Why work for this organization:
1. Company supplies a diverse product line to multiple industries
2. This role serves as the backup to the Site HR Lead
3. EXCELLENT benefits, including 401K, profit sharing and bonus potential
4. No layoffs in the last 20 years
5. Fast-paced work environment that enjoys working together as a team and backing up each other
6. Opportunity for advancement
7. This is a new position due to a promotion of a long-term employee who is on site to assist with the training and development of this position
8. FREE STUFF - Monthly and quarterly product giveaways
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Belton, MO area; a sign-on bonus is available to regional candidates meeting the requirements that would need to move closer.
hr generalist, human resources generalist, hr manager, human resources manager, hr leader, human resources leader, hr associate, hiring, recruitment, discipline, handbook, interview packet, payroll, benefits, training, bwc, bureau of worker’s compensation, plant start up, phr, sphr, shrm-cp, shrm-scp