Depending on experience and education, salary up to $95K + 401K and benefits day one of employment
Listen to this: minimal red tape, recession proof, growing, autonomous team and work 45 hours per week!
YOU can get equipment projects approved with minimal red tape
YOU can work in an industry that is recession proof and only growing
If being hands on is what you enjoy, while working with an autonomous team, this job is for you
Is your weekly workload over 50 hours per week, not at this non-automotive employer; average 45 hours per week
YOU can be the mechanical expert at this plant!
Due to a retirement, successful, benchmarking manufacturer has an opportunity for a Process Engineer to join their manufacturing team. The Process Engineer will work closely with the Plant Manager, whom they will report to. Daily duties will include:
- Serve as the mechanical expert and troubleshooter for the plant
- Oversee manufacturing processes and make improvements, including scrap reductions and increasing efficiencies
- Troubleshoot equipment and processes
- Develop and improve line layouts and make line modifications while optimizing throughput
- Oversee timelines and budgets for up to three projects at a time related to continuous improvement, capital, facilities, etc.
- Partner with support teams to minimize equipment downtime
- Partner with operations to determine RCA and resolve manufacturing issues
- Work closely with hourly and salary staff to achieve production and engineering goals
- Complete mechanical troubleshooting and assist the maintenance team as needed
- Conduct project proposals and complete cost justifications
- Respond to work tickets and prioritize tasks
- Partner with team members to complete continuous improvement activities and troubleshoot processes
- Utilize PowerBi for project documentation
- Complete documentation on project status
- Other duties as assigned by management
This position requires candidates to be on the manufacturing floor up to 50% of their time. Candidates should have strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills and be able to build rapport with the hourly workforce. The average work week will spend 80% of the time identifying and implementing process improvements and 20% of the time on capital equipment project management.
Tier two medical benefits are available day one of employment. Other benefits include dental, vision, paid holidays, vacation, prescription drug card, 401K and short-term and long-term disability. 401K participation after 60 days!
Requirements for the Process Engineer:
1. Minimum of an Associate's degree; a Bachelor's degree is highly preferred
2. Minimum of three years of similar process and/or manufacturing engineering experience
3. Strong, hands-on mechanical aptitude with willingness to troubleshoot equipment as needed
4. Experience working in manufacturing environments
5. Experience identifying and implementing process improvements
6. Project management of timelines
7. MS Office products
Skills preferred, but not required:
1. Experience overseeing CapEx projects
2. Lean and/or Six Sigma training and/or certifications
3. Process-related manufacturing
4. PLC automation
5. Power BI
Why work for this organization:
1. Excellent work/life balance
2. Completive benefits, including 401K (starting in 60 days) and medical benefits day one of employment
3. Recession-proof industry
4. Fast-paced work environment, slated for growth
5. Non-union and non-automotive work environment
6. The industry supplies product to 25 different countries
7. A leader in their space, and researching more ways to improve their product line
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Findlay, Ohio area. There is not relocation available for this position.
BSME, BSMET, BSEE, BSEET, manufacturing technologies, industrial technologies, electrical engineering technology, electrical engineer, mechanical engineering technology, mechanical engineering, automation engineer, OT engineer, PLC engineer, controls engineer, industrial technologies, manufacturing technologies, project engineer, engineering staff, engineering internship, engineering coop, co-op, capital equipment project, process improvement, continuous improvement, cost reduction, scrap reduction, Six Sigma Green Belt, Certified Six Sigma, 6 Sigma, 6-Sigma, servos, automation engineer, controls engineering, SCADA, operations technology, mechanical aptitude,