Our client is an independent family business that has stood for innovation, long-term perspectives, reliability and security for over 100 years. They are committed to their innovative technology and to the research and development and processing of high-quality, functional, products.
The Applications Development Scientist role will support the sales team with technical knowledge and product applications as it relates to the use of ingredients in food products, specifically bakery applications. They will need to fully understand product benefits in applications and deliver the solutions desired by our client’s customers. This position will also support the growth objectives for the product line through development of new opportunities.
- Support the sales and marketing teams with technical support and custom developed applications
- Develop product applications and technical data to demonstrate product benefits
- Develop comprehensive understanding of ingredient functionality in relevant applications
- Make recommendations as to potential new opportunities with new raw materials
- Support sales team with presentations demonstrating product benefits to customers
- BS in Food Science or science related field.
- 3+ years’ work experience in food product development, formulation in food products. Experience with formulation in bakery products a plus.
- Practical knowledge of hydrocolloids and use in food products.
- Experience working with pectins and alginates preferred.
- Understanding of FDA, USDA, FSIS regulations.