Responsible for collaborating with company physicians, the patient’s other physicians and providers, and their family members to develop complex plans of care in accordance with the patient’s health status and overall goals and values.
Provides clinical and non-clinical support to patients in palliative care within a designated territory.. Will visit 6 patients a day
Work one day a week from home
Travel to patient homes 4 days a week - regular hours.
- Provides services in home settings to provide care to patients.
- Develops and implements clinical plans of care for adult patients facing chronic and complex conditions (e.g., co-morbid medical and mental health diagnoses, limited personal resources, chronic medical conditions.).
- Gathers history and physical exam and diagnostics as needed, and then develops and implements treatment plans given the patient’s goals of care and current conditions.
- Meets the patient’s and family’s physical and psychosocial needs with support and input from the company’s inter-disciplinary team.
- Educates patients and families about medication usage, side effects, illness progression, diet and nutrition, medical adherence and crisis anticipation and prevention.
- Maintains contact with other clinical team members, patients’ other physicians and patients’ other medical providers to coordinate optimal care and resources for the patient and his or her family in a timely basis and consistent with state regulations and company health standards and policy.
- Maintains patient medical records and medical documentation consistent with state regulations and company standards and policy.
- Participates in continuing education as required by state. Prescribes medication as permitted by state prescribing authority.
- Requires current unrestricted Nurse Practitioner (NP) license or Physician Assistant (PA) license in NY
- Possession of DEA registration or eligibility required.
- CPR certification required.
- Travel required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- 2 years of experience in home-based services, complex care cases, and hospice and/or palliative care preferred.
- Bedside hospital, oncology, emergency room (ER) or intensive care unit (ICU) experience highly preferred. Experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Providers Must reside in the NYC or Bronx or surrounding areas
- Home visits will occur in or with in an hour ( or more) radius of primary location
- Reimbursement for mileage and tolls