The Swiss Programmer is responsible for developing, programming Swiss machined parts. They are also responsible for leading PAPP and FAI submittals along with Quality. They will Guide and mentor the Swiss leads and operators. They will also advise and help with current production improvements and issues.
• Must be proficient in programming, tool selection, and process development.
• Ability to develop processes ensuring stability and repeatability.
• Generate efficient tool paths utilizing cam software and manual programming.
• Select correct cutting tools, work holding and collets.
• Utilize common inspection equipment to check first run and FAI parts
• Develop and standardize current and future processes and programs.
• Train others in all aspects of Swiss operation and application.
• Motivate and coach the team to operational success.
• Brings a positive and willing attitude to the team.
• Be a training and issue resource to others in the department.
• Provide technical expertise to the other teams
• Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
Skills and Attributes:
• Excellent people skills
• Strong trouble shooting skills and a detailed approach to the task at hand
• Understand blueprints and GD&T
• Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
• Part Maker or other cam software knowledge
• Experience in a high volume environment
• Extensive experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably on Star CNC machines
• 5+ years of programming experience on mid complexity parts
• Some leadership experience a plus