Our Jasper, IN manufacturing client is looking to hire a Quality Engineer. This new hire could be an Entry-Level Quality Engineer or a Senior Quality Engineer. The Quality Engineer works within the Quality System, using analysis and statistical techniques, to assist in the continual improvement of the manufacturing processes. This individual will also assist in solving problems, controlling variables, and providing candid & accurate feedback that are critical to quality.
· Actively participates in the Layered Process Audit to resolve those problems.
· Interacts with Group Leaders, Team Leaders, and Engineering in the identification and resolution of product quality problems.
· Interacts with internal and external customers to resolve quality problems.
· Participate in the Customer Complaint Analysis.
· Visit customers at job sites as required.
· Periodically review specifications and Standard Operating Sheets (SOS) etc. for accuracy and revisions.
· Support Operation employees as needed to interpret specifications and solve problems.
· Support the Quality System by performing tasks to ensure compliance and initiate continuous improvement of the system.
· Provide accurate information and feedback to all Business Units and Ops Leadership Team.
· Provide training/coaching on quality related issues to production associates and management.
· Lead and/or participate in Kaizen improvement events.
· Generate, modify, and complete Standard Operating Sheets (SOS).
· Report out on projects using the A3 project management process / format
· BS degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· Manufacturing Quality Engineering experience.
· Ability to apply and interpret statistical data.
· Computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
· Must be a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Must have the ability to actively initiate, lead, and participate in problem solving activities.
· Must be able to give candid feedback and report findings of non-compliance to the Ferdinand. Quality System.
· Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.