Bay City, MI
Job Summary of Electronic Hardware Engineer - Vehicle Technologies
Our client, a developer of advanced vehicle technologies, is looking for an Electronic Hardware Engineer to join their core engineering team, developing next-generation drive-by-wire systems (steering, braking and in wheel motors).
This company empowers you to make key technical decisions on your projects, and offers multiple future career paths, both technical and management. A lot of companies talk about working on the latest technologies, but this is one of the few places where you'll have the opportunity to actually create advanced concepts and see them through into becoming real-world products.
Responsibilities of Electronic Hardware Engineer - Vehicle Technologies
- Design (or verify if reusing existing design) electronic circuits that meet customer requirements
- Test and debug circuit with the aid of customer requirements, schematic, bill of materials, PCB layout artwork, etc.
- Decompose and combine, customer and internal requirements to specific hardware design requirements
- Develop tests (or update if reusing existing tests) to validate design to customer requirements.
- Work with suppliers to select appropriate components and ensure supply throughout the life of HM designed part
- Support calibration and EOL FFT stands and equipment
- Research innovative and effective solutions (circuit designs, component selections, etc.) to customer requirements
- Manage database of approved parts used across multiple projects
Qualifications of Electronic Hardware Engineer - Vehicle Technologies
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering with 4+ years of experience in Electrical Schematic Design and Development (Masters plus 3+ years of experience acceptable)
- Solid background in circuit design (digital and analog)
- Capability to design and develop Schematics, analysis of circuit design to requirements, verification of performance to requirements
- Schematic Capture and Circuit Analysis Tools (Cadence preferred but other tools acceptable)
- Familiarity with motors, sensors and electromagnetics (EMI/EMC) is a strong plus
- Familiarity with digital communications protocols (CAN, LIN, SENT, I2C, SPI, etc.)
- Strong Knowledge of Electrical Hardware and Microprocessor Architecture
- Power Electronics Design and Analysis of 3 Phase machines is also a plus
- Additional useful skills/experience:
Knowledge of Freescale, Infineon, TI processors
Knowledge of ISO 26262 Safety Standards and Requirements is preferred
Knowledge of Customer Specific CAN tools and Requirements (CANalyzer, CANape Preferred)
IPC 610 Standards Class II and III, and other applicable IPC Standards Preferred
Compensation & Other Details:
Salary Range: $110,000-125,000/year, depending on experience
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: TN or H1B transfer