Job Summary of Hardware Design Engineer
Our client, a global leader in Advanced Vehicle Safety Systems, is looking for a Hardware Design Engineer to join their team. In this position, you'll develop board-level electronic controls, to bring new technologies that save lives to the market. You'll work the full development life-cycle for projects, creating innovative new systems in this competitive market.
This company offers a mix of challenging, exciting technical work and long-term growth options.
Reponsibilities of Hardware Design Engineer
- Develop and maintain all required documentation, such as block diagrams, schematics, BOMs, and test plans
- Perform Worst Case, Monte Carlo, Stress/Thermal Analysis, and Bench Testing to reliably meet quality and performance requirements.
- Perform theoretical circuit block FMEA utilizing the PC based FMEA software and perform FMEA verification
- Work with ECAD to develop a board layout compliant to manufacturing and EMC requirements
- Work with Product Assurance to develop concept and design validation test requirements and plans
- Collaborate with layout engineers, mechanical engineers, validation engineers, software engineers, manufacturing engineers and other teams
- Perform design/debug investigations and support development, maintenance, failure analysis, and resolution activities
- Participate and/or Lead the Design Reviews of the ECU
Qualifications of Hardware Design Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of design experience in analog/digital electronic circuits for automotive applications
- Strong skills in debugging and troubleshooting hardware designs
- Experience with the implementation of communication protocols such as CAN, SPI, PSI5, Ethernet, PCIe, UART, etc.
- Experience in PCB layout, RF/EMI/EMC/ESD mitigation technique, simulation and power distribution techniques of modern processors
- Experience with Signal and Power Integrity simulation and testing
- Experience bringing up, testing and validating hardware
- Experiences in various software tools such as Mathcad, Pspice, Matlab, IQ-RM, Excel, Word, Doors, Altium
- Experience in reading component datasheets
Compensation and Other Details
Salary Range: $100,000-120,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Detroit Area, MI
Relocation assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: TN and H1B transfers