Here’s a snapshot of what you would do in this role:
- Design of:
- Wastewater collection systems
- Sanitary lift stations
- Wastewater treatment units, both municipal and industrial
- Water distribution systems
- Booster pump stations
- Elevated water storage tanks
- Water treatment units, both municipal and industrial
- Plans and specification production
- Preparation of technical reports
- Staying on top of industry innovations and bringing the latest technological advances into our engineering analyses
- Other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For
We feel the following qualifications would set you up for success in this role:
- Proficiency with the following software programs is desirable: Excel, WaterCAD, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, WaterCAD, SewerCAD, XPSWMM and ArcGIS. .
- The candidate must be able to work as an effective team member and enjoy the autonomy of working independently on tasks when the situation requires; have the genuine desire to learn new skills, be self-motivated, and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A record of setting and achieving goals, and the ability to and appeal of mentoring junior staff will elevate this candidate.
- Opportunities for management of junior staff within the discipline.
- A bachelor's degree in civil or related engineering field is required.
- Strong, demonstrated technical skills in water and wastewater collection/distribution systems, pump hydraulics and treatment design with a resume of producing construction documents from start to finish, on time and within budget, is imperative.
- Advanced degrees, specialization in water and wastewater treatment process design and experience is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of project experience with 5 to 10 years of experience preferred.
- Texas P.E. is required or ability to obtain through comity within 6 months of starting.