Job Title: Designer
The Designer supports the Consultant, develops layout solutions, produces drawings, layouts, and provides a secondary point of contact and source of information for the client.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed in this position. They are not intended to prescribe or restrict the assignments that may be made by management.
- Layout all types of vertical transportation equipment, including passenger and freight hydraulic and traction elevators. Also, layouts for escalators and moving walks will be completed. Work completed with on-going supervision from design manager and peers.
- Required computer skills include MS Office Suite, Outlook email, spreadsheets, word processing, internet, ftp sites.
- Responsible for assigned projects, including meeting deadlines, estimating time for tasks, managing multiple projects, and project accuracy.
- Coordinate project design and drawing delivery with LB Project Managers and Consultants.
- Coordinate layout drawings with Consultant and LB clients / Architects. Coordinate project schedule with Consultant and Design Manager.
- Collect/organize project specific vertical transportation equipment data, dimensions, electrical requirements, horsepower, BTUH, structural reactions, and related technical data.
- Interpret specifications when provided and apply as required by job task.
- Research elevator codes and building codes and apply as required by job task.
- Download and review Architectural drawings. Update Consultant on design changes/issues from arch drawings compared to LB Vertical Transportation drawings.
- Document Consultant and Architect from phone conversations, emails, drawings/mark-ups, faxes.
- Resolve and communicate gaps in Work Request forms with Consultant.
- Effectively communicate with BIM/CAD project coordinators.
- Independently design and draw the following applications without significant errors:
a) Standard passenger, service, and freight hydros (inground, 1 or 2-stage holeless, roped).
b) Standard passenger and service overhead traction (geared and gearless).
c) Single and multi-vendor Machine Room-less.
d) Standard Escalators.
- Through research and support from vendors, provide details of Commercial and Transit Escalators.
- Complete all work with high level of accuracy.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Highly organized and have ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Acrobat, PowerPoint, and Blubeam Revu.
- Competent with Revit. Some education/experience in AutoCAD is helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field required.
- Must have minimum of 1 year experience using AutoCAD and Revit. Elevator design/drafting experience is highest preference. Experience with architectural drafting and coordination with architects is necessary.
- Mechanical engineering design experience also preferred. Electrical engineering design experience is helpful.
- Customer service experience is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k) with matching contributions, tuition reimbursement and Health Savings Accounts. We offer generous time off benefits and opportunities to learn and grow through our own internal development program, Company University.
Our company is the global multidisciplinary technical consultancy saving time and money for those designing, modernizing, investigating, or managing buildings. From risk to ROI, schedule to sustainability, our companies’ suite of services helps you plan the future of your building at every phase of the building lifecycle. As your partner in finding the best technical outcomes for your project, we ensure functionality, safety, and value work together.
We simplify the path to the best technical expertise for the built environment anywhere in the world. Our company offers integrated specialties that include vertical transportation, logistics, enclosures & structures, forensics, building maintenance equipment services (BMES); and multidisciplinary building lifecycle services that optimize performance from design, construction and management to forensic investigation, repair, and modernization.
As an ESOP, Our employee-owners bring a distinct “we own what we do” brand of technical consulting to every project and partnership. When you work with us, you gain a team member with an ownership mindset. Expect responsibility, service, and performance in everything we do.