Director of Pre-Construction
This person will be one of the most crucial hires in this new office/market for developing and growing new business for this company. They are one of the most established and reputable General Contractors in the Southeast - and they have selected Memphis as their next hub of operations in the area.
They are holding conversations with experienced project managers and estimators who are qualified for Director of Preconstruction in their commercial design-build construction division. This role will be essential in working with Estimating & Project Management staff to review & augment contracts for their new clientele projects.
· B.S. Degree – Construction Management, Construction Engineering/Science, Civil Engineering Degree or 10+ years applicable commercial construction experience.
· Proven track record of success working internally with Business Development, Field Operations, Project Management, and Estimating teams and externally with Owners, Architects/Engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
· Experience negotiating and finalizing contracts for all phases of construction and contract types.
· 5+ years direct experience with design-build preconstruction & contracts preferred.
If you answer Yes to these Qualifications it is probable we'll want to interview:
- 10 years or more of Working through CD & DD estimates and budget presentations for clients.
- 10+ years of Experience estimating ground up commercial large projects as a GC
- Ability to lead a team & mentor/coach fellow staff
- Proven experience of winning large projects and good construction relationships around Memphis.
· The position also interacts and cultivates relationships with owners and architects to help ensure all projects are developed and executed with a “team” approach.
· The Director of Pre-Construction leads through influence, bringing all departments together to maximize win rate of projects and ensure projects are set-up for success before being turned over to construction operations.
· Continuously track and look for opportunities to increase Pre-Construction contract opportunities.
· Develop methodologies and strategies to maximize win rate of projects (convert pre-construction contracts to wins)
· Develop/assemble general conditions estimates for review by Estimating, General Manager, and/or Senior Project Manager
· Review and negotiate all contracts.
· Serve as primary point of contact / Project Manager for design-build projects through the completion of pre-construction process.
· Collaborate with Business Development in the preparation of proposals and presentations.
· Consult with clients, architects, subcontractors, and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost reductions, and resolve issues.
· Experience with Sage 100 preferred.
· Experience with On-Screen Takeoff by eTakeoff, ProCore, and/or other construction software programs preferred.