My client is expanding and seeks a Cheminformatics Scientist to take on the following tasks:
- Serve as SME for data analysis, data management, infrastructure, software systems, and processes.
- Develop, improve, modify, and operate data analysis pipelines within principles and methods.
- Assist with the installation and integration of software and database components.
- Develop software (or use current open-source software) in conducting data analysis of chemical and biological data.
- Perform analysis of data and interpretation of results and recommend appropriate action.
- Recommend solutions that are in line with company practices and appropriate for the specific need or requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- BS/MS/PhD with pharma/biotech experience.
- Experience with Oracle and PL/SQL databases and a strong understanding of SQL.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Strong scripting experience with demonstrated skills in bringing together data sets from disparate sources including CSV and SD files as well as local and remote databases using Python and shell scripts.
- Familiarity with ChemOffice, KNIME, Schrodinger, ChemAxon and the Dotmatics Suite would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies and Azure cloud environments would be an asset.
- High degree of technical aptitude and resourcefulness with a proven ability to fill in knowledge gaps through research and other avenues.
Title and salary are commensurate with experience.