- Fast growing consumer products manufacturer is hiring for a HR Manager to oversee a facility in the western suburbs of Chicago
- The HR Manager will be responsible for employee relations, recruiting, training, and coordinating the work activities for 350+ employees
- Company has been in business for 53 years and offer fantastic benefits, growth potential, work-life balance, and team-oriented environment
- This role is responsible for performing HR-related duties in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment, and employment law compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands all HR policies, union policies, procedures, and guidelines; communicate and reinforce organization values.
- Plans, prepares documents and conducts HR related functions from on-boarding through the life- cycle of employment that fosters positive employee relations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements ensuring adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Supports team member development by scheduling, delivering and tracking training.
- Stays current in HR best practices by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by initiating and supporting activities that drive engagement through the Facility.
- Conduct interviews, hiring and onboarding.
- Coordinate new hire orientation.
- Handles employee’s inquiries regarding policies and procedures, payroll, benefits, and time off request.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BA/BS degree required, ideally in HR, Business Management, Business, Psychology, Management, or similar
- SRAM certification preferred
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish preferred
- 2-5+ years of Human Resource generalist / managerial experience is required
- Experience in a manufacturing, distribution, logistics or related environment experience; prefer food, consumer products or related high-speed industries.
- Knowledge of local and national labor laws; union experience preferred
- Experience with working with recruiters, interviewing and screening resumes for hourly and or salaried employees
- Experience in delivering training and assisting with changing cultures is a plus
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of benefits administration is a plus
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with HRIS, Microsoft Office Products. SAP and HRIS implementation are a plus.