An established Gas company has an immediate opening for a SCADA Engineer - Patch Management to insure the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas by engineering and developing hardware and software automation and control solutions for Gas Control, Operations Dispatch and field locations, including plants and gate stations.
*** Growth within the company * NO TRAVEL * Great Benefits * 401k and 401 Savings Plans * NO TRAVEL***
- Develop inventory control for maintaining proper patch levels within the OT infrastructure
- Maintain an accurate patch management database for the industrial control system
- Determine what patches are required and appropriate for the network through testing and documenting analysis and results for generating reports for review by ICS management
- Develop, validate and document procedures for applying appropriate patches and software updates
- Analyze network to determine cyber risks and provide solutions to prevent vulnerabilities
- Using basic knowledge of process control systems, communication infrastructure, and information systems, collaborates with internal organizations to determine system requirements.
- Test and evaluate security vulnerabilities within code for Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) using vendor-specific industrial programming languages for automation of Gate Station control and monitoring of flow, pressure, temperature, and odorization of natural gas, as well as Plant; control and monitoring of compressors, boilers, pumps, valves, for peak shaving operations.
- Implements and maintains diverse communication infrastructure to provide remote control and monitoring of Gate Stations and Plant systems across multiple media technologies using various protocols such as UDP, TCP/IP, Modbus, and BSAP.
- Develops code for Human Machine Interface (HMI) using vendor-specific programming languages to provide a graphical interface to the gas delivery system. Administers and develops code for MS SQL/ANSI SQL and vendor-specific data archiving applications for reporting, analysis, historical reference and compliance.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Computer Information Systems preferred
- 3+ Years of related experience with industrial control systems required
- Working knowledge of control systems in natural gas and propane processing, storage, and handling facilities preferred.
- Knowledge of process control and measurement theory and of electronic, pneumatic, and mechanical instrumentation systems preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Cisco network equipment and various RUGGEDCOM products
- Experience with or training/on-the-job knowledge of the support of multiple technologies, including client server architecture, relational databases, networking (WAN, LAN, and Industrial).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 and Windows 7/10, Cisco IOS, SQL server, BSAP, TCP/IP, C++ and MODBUS
- Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Word, Visio, Project, Excel, PowerPoint) to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
- Candidates must be available to serve on-call on a rotating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week schedule.
- Candidates must have US Citizenship
Software used: ClearSCADA /Geo SCADA from Schneider Electric, Allen-Bradley PLCs, AB PanelView Plus HMI, and Cisco and RUGGEDCOM by Siemens