Join a global company that works on sustainable solutions that has been growing successfully since 1945. Their philosophy is to lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people worldwide. They need an experience Control Systems Project Engineer with Municipal water and wastewater experience to play a key role in the execution of these projects.
Locations preferred: Bowie, MD, Blue Bell, PA, Boston, MA, Atlanta, GA, Liverpool, NY, Charlotte NC. Remote is also available for this role.
Why work here?
- Company focuses on sustainable solutions
- Great benefits include Health, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k matching
- Work remotely from home
- Vacation based on years of experience of overall work history
- Low travel - 20%
- Supports all aspects of control system lifecycles across the diverse industries and systems of varied clients
- Project and Task Management: Adhere to a project's scope, schedule, and budget. Must understand the entire project scope (all disciplines) and interact with various team members as it relates to I&C systems.
- Provide direction, guidance and support the project team ensuring all instrumentation and control system tasks and objectives are met.
- EIC Design: Good working knowledge of electrical principles and able to read, understand, and design
- Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), loop diagrams, electrical elementaries, electrical schematics, network and riser diagrams.
- Control Design: Good working knowledge of control systems and able to read, understand, and design industrial control panels used to monitor and control systems and machinery
- Contract Documentation: Ability to read, understand, and create instrumentation and control equipment technical specifications. Individual must have experience with municipal wastewater treatment, water treatment and water distribution process control, and its related equipment and instrumentation
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC): Must have a good working knowledge of multiple PLC platforms and able to read, understand, and develop simple PLC programs
- HMI/SCADA: Must have a good working knowledge of multiple HMI systems. Ability to develop HMI and SCADA graphics and other SCADA related tasks is a plus
- Networks: Individual must have good working knowledge of network design, protocols and component selection as it relates to process control
- Personal Accountability: Responsible for personal actions, project team performance, and creating a safety culture in the office and at the jobsite
- Hands-on field start-up/troubleshooting experience is a plus
- Must have B.S. or greater in electrical engineering or relevant discipline
- Must have 10+ years of experience in control systems project engineering. Years of experience may offset educational requirements
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is a plus.
- Must be eligible to obtain US security clearance for Federal work
- Must be able to accept technical direction and coaching from more senior engineers and managers.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have strong communication skills and maintain a professional presentation, especially with clients
- Must be able to travel 15-20% of the time.
- Proficient with Autodesk AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,