Leading global provider of intelligent sensors, systems, and services for factory, logistics, and process automation applications. With more than 1,000 patents, innovation and technology are at its core. This focus on innovation and “Sensor Intelligence” has allowed the company to develop products for every phase of production in the automotive, packaging, electronics, food and beverage, consumer goods, storage and conveyor, robotics, material handling, oil and gas, chemical, power, maritime industries and more. In addition, they focus on Sensor Intelligence allows them to make Industry 4.0, or the Industrial Internet of Things, a reality for their customers.
The Mechanical Engineering Lead position has primary responsibility for leading hands-on design and support of products through the entire product lifecycle. This position provides leadership and guidance to a group of mechanical engineers. In addition, this position works on high-level hands-on design and support of products throughout entire the product lifecycle.
- Guide and support a team of Engineering professionals; hold personnel accountable for high performance towards company cultural expectations, personal performance goals, and activities.
- Provide leadership to regular staff meetings to discuss group strategy and goals, accomplishments, issues and concerns, company/business changes, and process improvements.
- Support and promote corporate engineering policies and procedures consistent with company objects. This includes, but is not limited to, new product testing procedures, engineering change management, and training of engineering personnel.
- Develop goals and objectives for the group that reflect the goals of the company.
- Manage assigned projects and delegate day-to-day control to engineers.
- Oversee the quotation, initiation, scheduling, and coordination of departmental activities for engineering projects.
- Develop new products that are innovative and profitable. Ensure they meet acceptable standards for manufacturability, quality, and on-time delivery.
- Communicate with internal and external customers on new product and product modification design issues.
- Develop and execute projects while adhering to all relevant company product development processes covering design control, quality, and company standards and regulations and national and international regulatory body requirements.
- Collaborate with Product Management to ensure new and innovative products and solutions are available to customers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7+ years of professional experience in engineering design for product development.
- Strong analytical, design, and decision-making skills.
- Able to lead design reviews.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lead multidiscipline projects; provide project schedules; define working packages; cost estimates and report status to project leaders and management.
- Able to balance workload to keep multiple projects progressing to completion.
- Able to thoroughly understand technical issues and provide solutions to resolve issues.
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally.
- Experience with controller-based testing systems for electronic products.