Product Lifecycle Management Specialist
Eden Prairie, MN
Our Eden Prairie, MN food manufacturing client is looking to hire a Product Lifecycle Management Specialist (PLM Specialist). The Product Lifecycle Management Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining product information. This position is responsible for: maintenance of product files in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system, responding to internal/external technical inquiries and maintenance of PLM system.
- Originate and maintain product information. Manage new product setup and change process.
- Maintain PLM program and ensure supporting processes are being followed.
- Maintain and conduct training for PLM system
- Support Continuous Improvement.
- Assist in personnel training on newly developed SOPs and policies.
- Remain current on matters relating to production methods, analytical techniques and applicable regulations as they relate to company products.
- Qualified and trained individual will provide as a back-up in the event of an absence of other employees.
- Direct contact with Leadership, R&D, Operations, Sales, Purchasing and Corporate/Plant Quality departments as well as external contacts with vendors, customers and government agencies.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree of equivalent in Food Safety, Science or Engineering
- 4-5 years’ experience in manufacturing quality at a plant and corporate level.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with the ability to track short and long term projects, work independently and balance multiple priorities.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- HACCP and SQF certifications desired.
- Experience with ERP systems preferred.
- Basic product knowledge specific to the food industry.