Benefits, paid overtime and excellent working hours!
Have you worked for an OEM or integrator?
Do you have a strong background in PLC programming?
Would you like to work for an employer that has a great culture
Would you like to work FOUR ten-hour days per week?
This position is for you…apply today!
Due to continued growth, manufacturer is seeking a Controls Engineer to design, program, debug and install equipment. The Controls Engineer will partner with a team of engineers to complete equipment projects. Daily you will report to the Engineering Manager. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Programmable logic controller programming using multiple PLC platforms
- Manage multiple engineering projects and partner with mechanical engineers to complete design concepts
- HMI programming
- Responsible for controls package design
- Travel to customer sites to complete the debug process and ensure equipment training
- Provide field support for new installations
- Assist sales department with technical electrical expertise related to customer needs and quotations
- Communicate with customers on equipment needs and preferences
- Create schematics, bill of materials and vendor communication on equipment builds
- Maintain strong customer relationships
- Other duties directed by management
This position does require travel within the United States, Mexico and Canada up to three times per quarter. Candidate must be willing to be away from home for two days up to two weeks at a time. Travel has not been as high over the last couple of years due to COVID.
Candidates should enjoy working in a team environment, communicating with manufacturing on status of projects and providing technical support to internal and external customers as needed. The company offers competitive medical benefits, vacation, paid holidays, 401K and pension, tuition reimbursement and a wellness plan.
REQUIREMENTS for the Controls Engineer:
1. Minimum of a high school diploma with at least 3-5 years in a similar controls engineering position
2. Experience performing similar functions at an OEM or a machine integrator
3. Basic project management skills
4. Microsoft Office
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Experience working with FANUC robotics
2. Allen Bradley PLCs
3. PLC programming
4. Controls package design
Reasons to work for this organization:
1. 2022 was their best year ever
2. Stable organization with a diverse business mix
3. Minimal after-hour calls
4. Extra income weekly with paid overtime
5. Extra vacation time for business travel
6. This opportunity is due to growth
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Tiffin, OH area. There is not a relocation package available at this time.
programmable logic controls, Allen Bradley, capital equipment, budget management, mechanical engineering technologies, manufacturing technologies, industrial technologies, industrial engineering, electrical engineering, electrical engineering technologies, electro-mechanical, program management, Siemens, motorman, Mitsubishi, RSLogix, hmi, human machine interface, servos, electrical engineer, PLC programmer, controls engineer, systems engineer, automation engineer