Must live within an hour drive of Kiel, Wisconsin.
The Service Technician’s primary function is to assemble, install, operate, troubleshoot and repair one or more
company product lines, assemble, test and troubleshoot component modules, lead and instruct customers on
the proper usage and repair. Up to 30 % or more domestic and/or international travel time. These positions are
responsible for the highest level of craftsmanship involved in the company's manufacturing processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and
responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Plan and perform a variety of assembly, testing and adjustments on machine assemblies with primary
emphasis on the electro-mechanical systems
2. Assist and guide the installation, adjustment and repair of finished equipment at customers’ location
3. Instruct customer personnel (and co-workers) on proper operation of equipment.
4. Basic controls programming and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical systems
5. Apply all safety practices and procedures of the trade and company standards.
6. Monitor erection and installation of equipment to ensure that company guidelines and tolerances have been
7. Service all company products at customer sites; testing, troubleshooting and adjusting as needed.
8. Use various gauges, meters, and electrical testing equipment to check specifications.
9. Provide technical support to customers over the telephone, addressing and resolving questions and problems.
10. Communicate with appropriate company employees regarding product problems to facilitate problem
11. Complete all required records and documentation for customers and for the company.
12. Determine the acceptance of equipment erection.
13. Remain technically competent and keep current in new developments within the industry.
14. Ability to interface with customers effectively (phone / email) in technical support situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires 2 or more years of technical/assembly experience or minimum of technical school degree in Electrical
Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Systems. Basic wiring skills. Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, electronics schematics, and other equipment repair manuals. Experience or knowledge of servo