The primary role of the Senior Mechanical Reliability Engineer is to ensure the availability and maintainability of mechanical assets to meet the units daily production goals and identify potential risks before failure occurs.
- Drive mechanical assets to 100% availability to meet the units daily production goals.
- Engineer innovative and practical solutions to maintenance, reliability and operational issues.
- Design and implement innovative upgrades to both maintain performance levels through PMs and improve overall reliability and maintainability through maintenance expense and capital projects.
- Demonstrates leadership in driving Zero-incident safety culture.
- Implement established reliability and PdM strategies.
- Identify and implement needed maintenance technician training and procedure development.
- Identify and implement Cost Improvement and Cost Avoidance opportunities.
- Drive adherence to Process Safety Management including MOC, incident reporting and proper documentation.
- Respond to equipment failures and ensure that the daily production goals are achieved.
- Support maintenance replacements, repairs, and overhauls to mechanical equipment assets, including rotating & stationary equipment.
- Write maintenance procedures, and repair plans.
- Document equipment failure history and costs.
- Perform routine mechanical equipment troubleshooting.
- Perform repair vs. replacement analysis on equipment.
- Perform equipment root cause failure analysis, fault tree and FMEA analysis.
- Scope out and implement like-for-like equipment replacement and upgrade projects.
- Perform Asset Management duties for equipment including maintaining files and database for equipment data, ensure standardization of equipment and standards for equipment, and organize and manage spare inventories.
- Coordinate proactive fixes from Condition Monitoring findings with operations and maintenance personnel.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience post graduate experience
- Chemical, refining or Plastics Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Equipment design, specification, repair and upgrade experience.
- Experience with modeling tools such as Fathom, Compress, Aspen or Solidworks.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
- Professional engineering registration preferred but not required.
- Vibration Lev 1, pump and seal training classes
- Six Sigma tools training
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to perform hands on field work, including testing and troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable with respect to Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint software programs.
- Able to coach and mentor more junior engineers
- Must have excellent time management skills and be able to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to travel (typically < 5%)
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Location: Pensacola Florida, Fun in the Sun year around. Most popular beach in U.S. Lots of upward mobility. The corporation is the leader in it`s product line.