The primary purpose of the Rotating Equipment Reliability Engineer is primarily to improve the performance of the rotating equipment assets performance on site, lead rotating reliability programs, and identify and manage systems reliability risks. Rotating Equipment Reliability Engineer is responsible for developing, optimizing and implementing equipment reliability strategies, premises and programs that will maximize asset value creation, safe equipment operation, and controlled cost of ownership.
- Measurable improvements in unit performance aligned to business financial objectives including raw material usage, energy usage, reliability, capacity, maintainability, and quality.
- Technical support, guidance and expertise on rotating equipment/assets and supporting projects, from front-end engineering through detailed design, costing estimates, fabrication, inspection/validation, installation, commissioning, and maintenance.
- Reliability gaps closure through development and implementation of industry leading reliability principles and programs
- Support and ownership of the Reliability and/or Productivity continuous improvement pipeline via input of key projects based on equipment bad actors, capital gains, asset life extension, or other approved tasks that will yield positive business impact
- Develop and maintain equipment operational entitlement mindset in order to understand best performance of any given asset based on varying conditions (e.g. production demand, equipment age/duty cycle, corrosion rate, design vs. demand, etc.)
- Application of cutting edge reliability technology to improve manufacturing processes and equipment performance to provide competitive advantage.
- Establishing equipment performance expectations and measuring overall equipment performance
- Apply industry best reliability tools to drive improvements, optimize costs and improve asset effectiveness. Tools may include RCFA, Bad Actor Program, FMEA, etc.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and metrics for proactive identification and resolution of reliability issues
- Optimizing preventive maintenance tasks and activities, identifying gaps and developing a corrective action plan, driving implementation and evaluating improvement performance
- Coordinating, directing and overseeing major overhauls as well as quality/precision repairs to critical rotating equipment for various production units, often at multiple/concurrent timeframes
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and conduct root cause failure analysis investigations on failed equipment, develop action plan to eliminate repeat failures, and implement corrective actions
- Working with production to identify key areas for reliability improvements, develop action plan, and work to integrate the rotating equipment program with the OEE process to drive higher asset availability.
- Support capital projects with engineering expertise for specification, design and construction of projects in accordance with plant requirements, Ascend standards and regulatory codes
- Provide technical support to the Engineering Department on the selection of mechanical equipment based on reliability improvements and industry best practices
- Actively support and assure compliance to all ESSH policies and procedures.
- Reports to: Reliability Manager
- Team Members: Engineers, Specialists, Vibration Techs
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or minimum 5years applicable experience in reliability engineering role
- Minimum 3years post graduate reliability experience in the chemicals, petrochemical or manufacturing industry desired
- Familiarity with equipment types manufacturers and remaining current on latest enhancements, upgrades, improvements, efficiency gains or other advancements and determining feasibility vs. need of implementation.
- Proven performance leading rotating equipment programs
- Understanding of basic industry standards, recommended practices and/or regulatory conditions/considerations for rotating equipment
- Proven Problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused to provide quality service and improve equipment and process reliability
- Expert knowledge of rotating equipment including design, application, installation, operation and repair
- Knowledge and understanding of industry best RAGAGEP engineering practices and principles
- Overhaul and repair practices on compressors (axial, centrifugal, reciprocating, screw), blowers, turbines, pumps (axial, can, centrifugal, diaphragm, mag-drive, etc.), governors, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of specialty equipment (e.g. centrifuges, extruders/pelletizers, bulk solids handling equipment, etc.)
- Ability to conduct shop inspections and validations, technical guidance and overview, scope of work review and approval for key rotating equipment assets repairs and/or overhauls
- Expert knowledge in the application of predictive technologies, such as vibration analysis, infrared thermography, lubrication analysis, ultrasound, etc.
- Design and operation of rotating equipment, ability to read and interpret pump curves, engineering drawing, blueprints and schematics
- Experience in economic justification of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to solving equipment problems
- Ability to review and communicate business economics impact of reliability issues and improvements
- Ability to listen, understand and effectively communicate information and ideas and to express thought and ideas clearly and concisely
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Houston Texas Salary $120K-$130K + 12-15% Bonus Full Relocation Advancement opportunities