The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the efficient and safe maintenance of all plant Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation & Controls repairs. The Maintenance Manager will prepare plans for all short-term and long-term maintenance for site boilers, turbines and associated plant equipment. This position directs the plant Mechanical Technicians, Electrical Technicians and Contractors on all daily maintenance tasks. This includes the managing of all repair work orders and preventive maintenance for all power plant, fuel yard and mobile equipment. It is also the responsibility of the Maintenance Manager to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory environmental and safety programs. The Maintenance Manager works closely with the Operations Manager to develop and maintain a high-quality work environment to maintain100% safety and environmental compliance, while achieving all production, revenue and expense goals.
- Administer company and plant policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ensure maintenance staff compliance with Administrative and Safety Instructions.
- Create work plans and develop resources necessary to achieve plant production targets; prepare Maintenance budget estimates and participate in plant budget preparation process; control maintenance expenses to keep approved budgets on target.
- Develop, plan, and execute the Annual and Fall scheduled outages, Turbine Generator overhauls and forced outages.
- Develop, maintain, and apply corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance work orders, schedules, and records; research and obtain parts and materials to maintain plant systems and equipment.
- Coordinate effectively with the Operations Department to make equipment accessible for repairs. Troubleshoot and root cause equipment malfunctions. Communicate equipment status to Operations following all critical repairs.
- Develop and deliver plant systems and equipment training materials for Maintenance staff.
- Enforces good housekeeping standards. Routinely monitors the facility areas and maintenance shops for proper housekeeping during and following maintenance activities.
- Promotes a continuous improvement leadership style throughout all aspects of maintenance.
- Takes a proactive role as a member of management to identify safety hazards and takes corrective actions as necessary to provide permanent resolutions.
- Strongly supports safety meetings, safety training programs and participates in plant safety programs as required.
- Possesses a high level of knowledge and experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and spare parts inventory management.
- Recommend hiring, promotion, disciplinary, and termination actions for Maintenance staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager.
BA/BS degree in a technical program such as engineering or science; or equivalent combination of educated and related work experience.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial maintenance supervision or management and an extensive knowledge of the principles, practices, machines, equipment, materials and maintenance procedures of a steam electrical generating plant, preferably in biomass, energy-from-waste (EFW), waste-to-energy (WTE) or Coal. Requires strong experience in the management of work order systems, work order backlogs, and preventive maintenance.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, with Excel (spreadsheets)and Outlook.
Highly effective in communicating with employees, management, and business partners.